Clean Hire Vehicles
As standard, Berkshire Van Hire have always ensured vehicles are cleaned inside and out before the next hire. Due to the current pandemic we have now increased and intensified our cleaning practices in line with the Department for Transport’s Safer Transport Guidance
What are we doing differently?
In addition to the new working practices outlined in our covid-19 update we are also implementing the following:
- As soon as a vehicle returns back into our yard, we are now cleaning the vehicles within half an hour of return.
- All staff cleaning vehicles must wear gloves and a mask. This will help us keep our staff as well as our customers safe.
- Touch points which include handles, radio, steering wheel, handbrake and gear stick are now wiped down with disinfectant as well as our usual cleaning products.
- Vehicles are pre-checked and photographed before customers arrive to minimise the vehicle handover time and any contact between staff and customers. However, we will still go around the vehicle (whilst maintaining social distancing rules) with customers to ensure they are satisfied before they leave our yard.
- All vehicle handover staff have been retrained to follow these new and necessary procedures.